May 25, 2012

Throw Of The Bowlines!

I don't know why, but I find quotes from famous (or infamous) people fascinating and often uplifting. Maybe because they say it better than I ever could.  I especially love travel related quotes because, well duh, I am a wanderer.   I am often checked back into center by this Mark Twain quote:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.




I couldn't agree more. It reminds me to lead the life I choose, rather than lead one chosen for me.

In French, I think they'd say:  Larguer Les Amarres!


Read more inspirational travel quotes here

And then ...cast off! Larguez!

No comments: