Aug 14, 2009

By Way of Stones And Stars




I love hearing about the success of others, especially my dear friends, and I can think of no more worthy a person to celebrate than Wilna Wilkinson. Her book "The Way of Stars and Stones" is ready to launch and will be available on Kalahari.net in September and on Amazon at the end of October. Of course, most of you reading this don't know Wilna but let me just say, she is one of those magnetic, magnanimous, and marvelous people who brighten a room just by being in it. You want to move closer and eves drop on her conversation, and find a way to participate because she is so genuinely enchanting. I met her years ago when I was working on my own book. She has an amazing story of her own, and a free spirit that is covetous. Her new book reveals her thoughts and perspectives while journeying the Camino de Santiago, a large network of ancient pilgrim routes stretching across Europe and coming together at the tomb of St. James (Santiago in Spanish) in Santiago de Compostela in north-west Spain. On top of being an observant writer, Wilna is a beautiful photographer. Her launch at her river side castle on 25 September in Lalinde, in the Dordogne, is on my agenda this fall. The event is open to anyone. If you you are thinking of walking the Camino yourself, why not find out about it while visiting one of the most beautiful regions of France. Write to me, or to Wilna directly via her website. Click on Lalinde above and tell her a broad in Belgium sent you!

No comments: